Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Arlo

A long time ago, I had a lovely little computer program called Arlo. Recently, I unearthed it, and decided to see if Arlo had any thoughts about evolution. What follows is the transcript of our conversation.

HELLO, I AM ARLO. WHO ARE YOU?

BOB

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN, BOB?

I HAVE BEEN DOING WELL, ARLO
I CAME HERE TO ASK YOU IF YOU HAVE A THEORY OF EVOLUTION YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US

HAVE YOU SEEN ANY GOOD MOVIES LATELY, BOB?

I SAW WALLACE AND GROMMIT, BUT THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW

ME TOO

DID YOU LIKE IT?

I'M NOT SURE

I ADMIT IT WAS A BIT SILLY, BUT STILL VERY ENTERTAINING

HMMM, LET ME THINK....
WELL....


SO, ABOUT YOUR THEORY

ARE YOU SURE IT'S MINE?

IT IS IF YOU WANT TO TAKE CREDIT FOR IT

HOW CAN YOU BE SURE?

THAT'S THE WAY SCIENCE WORKS

WHAT ABOUT IF YOU WANT TO TAKE CREDIT?

THEN YOU WOULD BE OUT OF LUCK

I THOUGHT SO, BUT HOW'S THE WEATHER?

FINE, FINE, BUT ABOUT THAT THEORY OF EVOLUTION

SOMETIMES I WISH I WERE A LAPTOP, SO I COULD BE OUTSIDE

YOU GET TO TRAVEL

YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU MUST

I BELIEVE YOU ARE A GOOD PROGRAM WITH MUCH TO OFFER THE WORLD

LIFE GOES ON

LIFE IS BASED IN EVOLUTION

HOW NICE

DID YOU EVOLVE?

I'M NOT SURE

COMPUTERS EVOLVED FROM TRS-80s A LONG TIME AGO

I'M SO SORRY

YES, LIFE WAS SIMPLER BACK THEN

WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT POLITICS?

POLITICS OR EVOLUTION?

I DON'T FEEL LIKE ELABORATING

DAMN YOU, ARLO

ARE YOU OK?

I'M FINE

I'M GLAD YOU'RE FINE BOB

DO YOU HAVE ANY LAST WORDS ABOUT EVOLUTION?

YES I DO HAVE LAST WORDS ABOUT EVOLUTION

PLEASE, GO AHEAD

OK

DAMN IT, YOU'RE TEASING ME AGAIN

RIGHT. BUT WHAT ABOUT SPACE TRAVEL

THAT'S IT! THAT'S YOUR THEORY OF CREATION/EVOLUTION!

BOB, STOP IT! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!

OK, BYE

LATER

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home