Monday, August 29, 2005

Intelligent Design from the Discovery Institute?

I keep hearing from people who have a problem with the standard theory of Intelligent Design as invented by the Discovery Institute; namely that if the designer was so intelligent, then:
Why do men have nipples?
Wouldn't three legs be better than two?
Why do we need to sleep for 1/3 of the day?
If god had wanted us to fly, he would have given us wings. Cool.
or: If god had wanted us to drive, he would have given us wheels. Awesome.
Is the duck-billed platypus some kind of a joke?
Shaving sucks.
So one variation of the Intelligent Design theory would seem to be the Unintelligent Designer theory. I think if you look closely at the questions above, it becomes apparent that the designer of all creation is actually a 14-year-old boy, deep in the throes of puberty and confused as to how he was putting the ingredients together that created the universe. So some mistakes were made. He still got a B on the project and that brought his semester average up to B-, what with the C in chemistry and the D in history. Fortunately that was good enough for him to get into the local community college, where he majored in drama.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Augustine said...

I found the debate between creation and evolution so ultimately futile that I articulated a cosmology that depends upon neither to explain the orgins of the universe.

My alternative to creation and evolution is based upon a logical paradox and high energy physics. Once you understand the alternative it is extremely logical.

I offer Bob Davis a free PDF copy of my book for his collection of cosmolgies, which effort on his part I consider to be a commendable effort. Bob, please contact me via my blog if you want the free copy.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home